It’s spring again in the northern hemisphere, which means it’s time to start cutting the lawn. Is mowing the lawn one of those things you dread about the warmer weather? Do you want to do almost anything on your day off instead of cutting the grass? Then it’s time for you to learn about robotic lawn mowers.
The same technology that is bringing us the smart house and the robotic vacuum is moving outside with the robotic lawn mower. It doesn’t require you to do anything except setting up the docking station, a program where it is supposed to cut and tell it when to cut.
The only remaining question is: How Do You know which robotic lawn mower to buy? Here we have the ultimate buying guide for automatic or robotic lawn movers.
What are the best robotic lawn mowers? Top 10 Products
- Innovative fully automated robotic lawnmower learns about your lawn and suggests a schedule based on your lawn size. It's easy to install & set up in just a few simple steps
- Designed to mow up to ½ of an acre. Cuts a little grass at a time, naturally fertilizing your yard
- Adjust mowing schedule and control Landroid remotely with the convenient mobile app
- Cut to edge feature allows blades to mow closer to your lawn's border, leaving less area to trim
- Included Find My Landroid module keeps Landroid connected at all times and notifies you if Landroid leaves its cutting area in case of theft
- power source type: Battery Powered
- Smart home meets smart lawn - manage your lawn with the touch of a button and maintain a yard your neighbor's will envy; the [email protected] app allows you to set and adjust your Automower's cutting schedule with ease (Bluetooth connectivity works up to 100 ft)
- Guided by hidden boundary wires, Automower knows how to smartly maneuver around your yard and when to return to the charging station for a battery recharge
- Quiet enough to run at night, you'll never have to worry about disturbing your neighbors again with noise or fumes
- Rain or shine, Automower can continuously mow, allowing the very fine grass clippings to act as natural fertilizer for your grass - no more bagging or raking required
- This mower tackles yards up to .25 acres, slopes up to 22 degrees and cuts grass up to 2.4 inches tall
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty for residential use
- Maintain a yard the neighbors will envy with the touch of a button or the command of your voice; Smart Home meets Smart Lawn with AUTOMOWER 315X
- Manage your mower's cutting schedule and track it's exact location with the Automower Connect app and start or stop your mower quickly via voice command using your Amazon Alexa or Google Home device
- Guided by hidden boundary wires, Automower knows how to smartly maneuver around your yard and when it is time to return to the charging station for a battery recharge
- Never worry about disturbing your neighbors again with fumes or noise, the battery powered 315X is quiet enough to run at night
- Capable of continuous cutting, rain or shine, robotic mowers create very fine grass clippings that act as a natural fertilizer for your grass - no more bagging required
- Suitable for yards up to 0.4 acres, slopes up to 22 degrees and grass up to 2.4 inches tall
- Mower includes a 2-year limited warranty for residential use.Sound level Guaranteed: 60 dB(A)
- Rain Sensor: Sunny weather is perfect for lawn mowing, so our mower will go back to the charging station when it rains, and restart when it stops
- Collision Sensor: It enables our mower to detect the obstacles while working to avoid barrier
- Automatic Recharge: The mower will go back to charging station when battery is low
- Lift & Tilt Sensor: The mower will stop working when lifted or tilted
- Anti-theft Security System: Users can set the PIN code to prevent the mower from stealing
- Working area capacity (±20): 0.8 acre
- Battery type: Li-Ion
- Typical charging time: 65 min
- Sound level Measured: 57 dB(A)
1. Husqvarna Automower 315X reviews-Robotic Lawn Mower
The Automower 315x is a premium member of the Automower family. The features will give your lawn the perfect look every time it mows. It has a large cutting area of up to 0.4 acres. It is capable of mowing your lawn in the rain if you’d like.
A product of smart technology and artificial intelligence, this robotic lawn mower has an intuitive interface. It is compatible with Amazon Alexa technology. It handles obstacles and small spaces easily.
Husqvarna Automower 315X Price is under 2000$
It has a featu3 recalled Automower Connect that provides GPS navigation and theft tracking, LED headlight, a rubber front bumper, and specially painted wheel caps. Standard installation is provided by a Husqvarna professional.
Husqvarna Automower 315X Feature reviews
- Operatable from your smartphone
- Onboard GPS system
- Uniform cutting result
- LED headlights that will flash if there is a problem
- Guidewire to help the mower back to the charging station
- Flexible placement of the charging station
- Adjusts the working time to the lawn’s growth
- Less growth means less time needed to mow
- Easy movement through narrow passages
- Large coarse-tread wheels
- Mows inclines and decline up to 40 degrees
- Ability to start cutting at three different locations
- Automatically detects an imbalance in the cutting system.
The Landroid allows you to customize your cutting schedule on a daily basis. You can trim it every day to have an even, manicured look to your lawn. Or you can run it once a week to keep your grass a little longer.
This robotic lawn mower can handle the corners around your house and shed. If you have a narrow passage between the house and garage, it can handle that too. It easily handles slopes up to 20 degrees, going both up and down.
Worx wg794 Landroid price is under 1000$
It has an intuitive keypad that allows easy customization. Additionally, because it is battery-operated, it can run on your schedule; it makes extremely little noise. If you need to mow at night, it won’t disturb your neighbors. The battery also makes it eco-friendly; there are no emissions.
Worx Landroid m cordless robotic lawn mower Features Reviews
- Fully autonomous machine
- Makes intricates cuts
- Passes easily through narrow spaces
- Having Mows incline Features
- Declines up to 20 degrees
- Shock sensors to avoid obstacles
- Automatically returns to port when the rain starts.
- Cutting height: 1.6 inches to 4 inches
- Cutting Height Positions: 5
- Maximum Cutting Area: ¼ acre
- Automatically returns to port when the battery needs charging
- Price under 1000 $
This is the smallest of the Robomax line of robotic lawn mowers. It is designed for small urban and suburban lawns up to 2000 square feet (1/20 of an acre). It is compact and easily carried or moved if needed.
The docking station is small enough to hide from sight, which eliminates the distraction found in other docking stations for robotic lawn mowers.
Robomow RX12 Robotic Lawn Mower price is under 600$
The RX12 is not programmable but starts easily with the touch of a button. It is quiet, so it will not be disruptive if it is working while you are home. Running on a battery, it does not create emissions or fumes.
It is not recommended for St. Augustine grass. This grass is extremely thick and is grown mainly in tropical and subtropical locations.
Robomow RX12 Robotic Lawn Mower Feature Review
- Very Less sound.
- Mows inclines and declines of up to 15 degrees
- Runs for 1 ½ to 2 hours on a charge; charges in 16-20 hours
- Cutting height: 0.5 inches to 1.75 inches
- Maximum cutting area 1/20 of an acre
- Manually started by pressing a button as not programmed to a schedule
- Blades require replacement once a year.
This robotic lawn mower comes with everything you will need to start cutting your lawn: the lawn mower, a charging station, 3 metal cutting blades, 656 feet of boundary wire, and 200 pegs. It can handle areas up to ¼ acres, including hills up to a 25-degree angle.
It is fully programmable, so you can schedule it to mow any time of day or night. It is so quiet that you may not realize that it is working until you go outside to see. The only time it’s not quiet is if someone tries to steal it. You’ll hear its alarm go off in time to stop the theft.
McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower price is under 1250$
The metal pivot blades on the ROB 1000 are durable and will avoid obstacles it comes across. It also has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery so you won’t have to worry about emissions and fumes. The grass will be healthier without pollution.
McCulloch ROB 1000 Programmable Robotic Mower Features
- Fully programmable
- Easy to install
- comes with the complete kit
- Mows incline and declines up to 25 degrees
- Maximum Cutting Area: ¼ acre
- Virtually silent
- Operates on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery for zero emissions
- Audible alarm to prevent theft
- 3 metal pivot blades
This model robotic lawn mower is intended for large lots since it can cover up to 0.8 acres (34,000 square feet). GPS navigation allows it to handle irregular lots with ease. It is also effective if your yard has hills; it can handle inclines up to 45 degrees.
Equipped with smart technology, the mower can adapt the amount of mowing to the lawn’s growth rate; the more it has grown, the more time the mower allows to cut it. The technology also allows it to move easily through narrow spaces. It has an intuitive user interface with a large display.
Husqvarna 967622505 Automower 430X Robotic Lawn Mower price is under 2700$
You can program the mower from your smartphone if you’d like to make a change from a distance or want to check the settings. The lithium-ion battery is extremely quiet, so it won’t annoy you or your neighbors when the mower is working. The battery also makes it eco-friendly, with no emissions.
Husqvarna 967622505 Automower 430X features reviews
- GPS navigation
- Maximum cutting area 0.8 acre
- Battery type: lithium ion
- Mows incline up to 45 degrees
- Typical charging time: 65 minutes
- Sound level measured: 57 dB[A]
How to choose a Robotic Lawn Mower?
Buying a robotic lawn mower is an investment. You want to make sure you bring home the right one.
Be aware of how much rain you usually get in the warmer months. Robotic lawn mowers are like their human counterparts: when it rains, some keep going and some return to their docking stations if the programme is not available for these options.
How do robotic lawn mowers work?
An automatic lawn mower or robotic lawn mower is an autonomous robot machine which used to cut lawn grass. it is a programmable device in that we program area of working and after the work, the machine automatic come back to its charging stations. most of the robotic lawn mowers are mulching mowers, that means they do not collect the grass.
How much area does it need to cover?
Robotic lawn mower for lawns of up to 3600m2 and more, that’s nearly an acre, Robotic lawn mowers come with a perimeter wire that tells it where to stop. As a result, there is a maximum area that it will cut surly.
Are Robotic lawn mowers safe on hills or slopes?
Your robotic lawn mower needs to have enough power to make it up to the hill (and cut grass while it’s moving up that hill).
Do you Know whether your lawn generally has hard objects in it?
Pivoting blades are good at moving past hard objects; fixed blades are not
What do you want from your battery?
You want a battery that will cut the entire area on one charge and has enough power to handle any hills. You also want to consider what you think is reasonable charging time.
How much does a robot lawn mower cost?
price start from 600$ – 4000$ Approximate.